How to Renew Your CDA
CDA credentials are valid for 3 years from the award date. The CDA Credential may only be renewed for original setting, age-level endorsement, and specialization. CDA Renewal Procedures Guides can be downloaded on the Council’s website.
- One 3-credit college course, 4.5 CEUs, or 45 clock hours of training in ECE (specific to CDA setting)
- A recommendation from an ECE professional who is familiar with your professional work
- A current pediatric first aid/CPR certificate
- Membership in an ECE professional membership organization (such as NAEYC)
- A letter from your supervisor testifying that you have worked at least 80 hours in the past year with the appropriate age group