T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships for Family Support Professionals
T.E.A.C.H. provides comprehensive scholarships to family support professionals who wish to obtain college credits toward a degree relevant to their work in family support. View our flyer for common questions and answers.
- Be employed at least 30 hours/week with a minimum of 20 hours/week in a direct family support or supervisory role for at least 90 days.
- Be employed at an Iowa-based family support program that receives state or federal funds. Eligible programs include home visiting and group-based parent education programs.
- Plan to obtain college credits towards an approved degree at an Iowa-based college. Must have completed at least 60 college credits or obtain a waiver from T.E.A.C.H. to start at a four year institution.
- Must complete at least 9 and up to 24 credits per contract year.
- Must apply for federal financial aid using FAFSA.
- Must obtain and follow an approved course outline from college.
- The scholarship employee pays 10% of tuition and book costs.
- The employer will pay 20% of tuition and book costs for courses at an Iowa college for the scholarship employee.
- Scholarship recipient will receive an $800 compensation bonus from T.E.A.C.H. for the successful completion of an associate degree contract, or a $1000 compensation bonus for the successful completion of a bachelor’s degree contract.
- If the sponsoring program is funded by MIECHV, the program will receive a participation stipend of $500 for staff attending a community college or $1000 for staff attending a four-year school after the successful completion of a contract.
- Scholarship supports Home Visitor CDA®, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree in Family Support relevant field.