Mission & Vision
All young children thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential.
Iowa AEYC promotes high-quality early learning for all children, birth through age 8, by connecting practice, policy, and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn.
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family.
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague).
- Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues.
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.
- Excellence and Innovation — We are imaginative risk takers willing to challenge assumptions while being accountable to our mission and fiscally responsible.
- Transparency — We act with openness and clarity.
- Reflection — We consider multiple sources of evidence and diverse perspectives to review past performance, note progress and successes, and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Equity and Opportunity — We advocate for policies, practices, and systems that promote full and inclusive participation. we confront biases that create barriers and limit the potential of children, families, and early childhood professionals.
- Collaborative Relationships — We share leadership and responsibility in our work with others. We commit time and effort to ensure diverse participation and more effective outcomes. We act with integrity, respect, and trust.