Our T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ Ambassadors are current and former T.E.A.C.H. and/or WAGE$ recipients that share a collective passion about these programs. As a T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ Ambassador, you will share your positive experiences as a participant with your friends, colleagues, classmates, and other peers within your early childhood network while demonstrating enthusiasm and passion for the early care and education field.
Being an Ambassador makes me feel like part of a second family.Current Ambassador
Our objective is to create a statewide network of professionals who will represent T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Iowa and Child Care WAGE$® Iowa by explaining the benefits of these programs, and provide support in their own communities and at local conferences to maximize the impact of T.E.A.C.H. scholarships and WAGE$ participation throughout Iowa. Ultimately, however, it is a way to provide professional development to our Ambassadors, as well as an opportunity for leadership and growth in the early childhood field.
Here are just a few benefits to being an Ambassador:
- Build your resume
- Gain experience with communication and presentation skills
- Help with professional growth and building leadership skills
- Works with your schedule
- Free Iowa AEYC / NAEYC membership
- Opportunity to network and connect with professionals in the early childhood field
- Outlet to share your T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ stories
- Mileage reimbursement and lunch provided to cover a T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ table at a conference
- Opportunity to progress on the career pathway
Looking to connect with a current Ambassador to hear about their experience? Check out a list of our Ambassadors here.
Are you a current or former T.E.A.C.H. and/or WAGE$ participant looking to become an Ambassador? Fill out our application.
Please send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.