T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) is a comprehensive scholarship program that provides the early childhood workforce access to educational opportunities and is helping establish a well-qualified, fairly compensated and stable workforce for our children.
Watch our video and view the Scholarship Overview (PDF) to learn more.
What does T.E.A.C.H. pay for?
- CDA® assessment fees
- Associate and bachelor degrees in early childhood education
- Endorsements to teaching licenses, teacher licensure renewal
- Credits needed for WAGE$ eligibility.
Who is eligible?
Early child care and education providers who:
- Work in a regulated child care center, preschool or home program for at least 30 hours per week (part day models available for those working at least 20 hours/week)
- Have worked with children birth to age 5 in current program for at least 3 months (6 months for bachelor scholarships)
- Are working toward an early childhood degree, CDA credential, endorsement, teacher licensure renewal, or credits for WAGE$ at an Iowa college
- Have the support of your employer (if applicable).
- Demonstrate participation in or progress towards a quality initiative such as QRS, QPPS, Head Start, or NAEYC/NAFCC accreditation.
Ready to apply?
Apply online here. If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternate application. Application deadlines are: July 15 – fall, November 15 – spring, April 30 – summer.
Fill out your W9 (PDF) and submit with your T.E.A.C.H. application to save time later.
Contact one of our staff members today! Email email@example.com or call 515-331-8000 ext 113. You can also like us on Facebook.
Funding for T.E.A.C.H. Iowa comes in part from: the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services through federal funding from the Child Care Development Fund; Early Childhood Iowa Professional Development funds; United Way of Central Iowa, Women United; the Iowa Department of Public Health through MIECHV funds; Polk County Early Childhood Iowa Area; and the child care programs who co-sponsor a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship recipient.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Iowa is a licensed program of Child Care Services Association.