T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) is a comprehensive scholarship program that provides the early childhood workforce access to educational opportunities and is helping establish a well-qualified, fairly compensated and stable workforce for our children.
Watch our video and view the Scholarship Overview (PDF) to learn more.
What does T.E.A.C.H. pay for?
- CDA® assessment fees
- Associate and bachelor degrees in early childhood education
- Endorsements to teaching licenses, teacher licensure renewal
- Credits needed for WAGE$ eligibility
Who is eligible?
- Work in a regulated child care center, preschool or home program for at least 30 hours per week (part day models available for those working at least 20 hours/week)
- Have worked with children birth to preschool-age in current program for at least 3 months (6 months for bachelor scholarships)
- Are working toward an early childhood degree, CDA credential, endorsement, teacher licensure renewal, or credits for WAGE$ at an Iowa college
- Have the support of your employer (if applicable)
Ready to apply?
Apply online here. If you are unable to complete the online application, click here to access our fillable application. Completed applications can be submitted to email@example.com. Application deadlines are: July 15 – fall, November 15 – spring, April 30 – summer.
Fill out your W9 (PDF) and submit with your T.E.A.C.H. application to save time later.
Contact one of our staff members today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-331-8000 ext 113. You can also like us on Facebook.
See what others are saying about the program in our 2023 Evaluation Feedback.
Counselor Chat Sessions Join us for a monthly virtual chat session with T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ counselors! Join us for a monthly virtual chat session with T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ counselors! This live chat will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 1:00-2:00pm. Feel free to come and go as you please. Our first counselor chat will be held on Tuesday, September 19th from 1:00-2:00pm. Here is the Zoom information to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84500736957 Meeting ID: 845 0073 6957
Funding for T.E.A.C.H. Iowa comes in part from: the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services through federal funding from the Child Care Development Fund; Early Childhood Iowa Professional Development funds; United Way of Central Iowa, Women United; the Iowa Department of Public Health through MIECHV funds; Polk County Early Childhood Iowa Area; and the child care programs who co-sponsor a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship recipient.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Iowa is a licensed program of Child Care Services Association.