T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) is a comprehensive scholarship program that provides the early childhood workforce access to educational opportunities and is helping establish a well-qualified, fairly compensated and stable workforce for our children.
Who is eligible?
- Work in a regulated child care center, preschool, or home program for at least 30 hours per week (part-day models available for those working at least 20 hours/week)
- Have worked with children birth to preschool-age in current program for at least three months (six months for bachelor’s scholarships)
- Are working toward an early childhood degree, CDA Credential™, endorsement, teacher licensure renewal, or credits for WAGE$ at an Iowa college
- Have the support of your employer (if applicable)
What degrees and credentials does T.E.A.C.H. support?
- CDA® assessment fees
- Credits needed for CDA eligibility
- Associate and bachelor’s degrees in early childhood education
- Endorsements to teaching licenses, teacher licensure renewal
- Credits needed for WAGE$ eligibility
For more information on what might be the next best step in education for you, visit our College Directory.
How can the T.E.A.C.H. scholarship help?
T.E.A.C.H. scholarship contracts are for one year each, supporting tuition for up to 15-20 credits, books, release time (paid time away from work to balance school, work, and family responsibilities), travel costs, and an annual bonus or raise. Scholarships also support part-time student status.
For more details on what the T.E.A.C.H. scholarship will cover, please read our Scholarship Overview (PDF).
What to do Before Applying
- Talk with your director (if applicable) about supporting you on a scholarship. We would love to help you have this conversation!
- Think about your long term career goal.
- Contact T.E.A.C.H. to talk with a counselor about scholarship and college options – firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-331-8000.
Ready to apply?
Apply online here. If you are unable to complete the online application, click here to access our fillable application. Completed applications can be submitted to email@example.com. Application deadlines are July 15th for the proceeding fall term, November 15th for the proceeding spring term, and April 30th for the proceeding summer term.
Contact one of our staff members today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-331-8000 ext 113.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Iowa is a licensed program of Child Care Services Association.